If you’re like me, you’re addicted to Fallout 4. The post-apocalyptic world is just so darned fascinating! One of the most important aspects of the game is ensuring your survival, and fiber optics can help with that. In this blog post, we will discuss how to get fiber optics in Fallout 4 and what they can do for you.
What are fiber optics and what do they do in Fallout 4?
Fiber optics are strands of glass or plastic that transmit light signals. They’re often used in telecommunications because they can carry a lot of data very quickly. In Fallout 4, fiber optics can be used to create light sources and power generators.
The most important use of fiber optics in Fallout 4 is as a light source. You can use them to create powerful light sources that can brighten up entire areas. This can be very useful when you’re trying to navigate dark areas or avoid enemies.
Fiber optics can also be used to power generators, which can provide a significant boost to your energy production.
Ballistic fibers are a rare component in Fallout 4, only found in military-grade duct tape and ammo bags. However, there are a few ways to get them from either NPCs or farming locations.
Here are a few ways to get fiber optics in the game.
How to get fiber optics in Fallout 4
In this game, you can find Fiber Optics directly or by breaking down some items that can be found mostly in labs or robot-filled areas, as they will be bringing the parts themselves.
Getting items to break down
The items that contain Fiber Optics are:
- Biometric Scanners
- Flight Data Recorders
- High Powered Microscopes
These items aren’t difficult to find, and there are several areas on the map where they will frequently appear. You should also keep in mind that Fog Crawlers WILL drop these every time they’re killed, usually around 5 or so.
You can get items that produce fiber optics in each and every “high-tech” facility. Here are a few spots you should check out:
- Fort Defiance: The top floor has the Brotherhood technology– double-check that area.
- Robco Research Center: Another Lab filled with robots and microscopes
- ATLAS Observatory: A robot-filled center with lots of rooms equipped with microscopes.
- Beckley: This town is filled with robots which drop Biometric Scanners. You can also find some Microscopes
- National Radio Astronomy Research Center: Many rooms with microscopes.
- The Whitespring Resort: In this area, there are plenty of robots.
Getting fiber optics directly
The following locations are known spots to get Fiber optics directly, so you should check them out first
- In the Jamaica Plain Town Hall basement, you can find 49 by disarming a bunch of laser tripwires. You can do this as many times as you want, providing an infinite amount of fiber optics and crystals in return. To restart the lasers, press the button next to the door.
- Proctor Teagan sells shipments of 25 fiber optics.
- After peacefully completing the Restoring Order quest from the Automatron add-on, Isabel Cruz sells shipments of 25 fiber optics.
- Alexis Combes typically sells shipments of 25 fiber optics. However, her available supplies are not permanent and will change frequently between different types including ballistic fiber and nuclear material. You may want to wait/sleep 48 hours in the game to cycle her shipment stock back.
- Nine can occasionally be found in the Cranberry Island supply shed.
What are some of the benefits of having fiber optics in Fallout 4
There are several benefits to having fiber optics in Fallout 4. Here are a few of the most important ones.
Lighting: Fiber optics can be used to create powerful light sources that can brighten up entire areas. This can be very useful when you’re trying to navigate dark areas or avoid enemies.
Power Generation: Fiber optics can also be used to power generators, which can provide a significant boost to your energy production.
Rare Component: Ballistic fibers are a rare component in Fallout 4, only found in military-grade duct tape and ammo bags. However, there are a few ways to get them from either NPCs or farming locations.
In Fallout 4, fiber optics can be found by breaking down certain items or by getting them directly from NPCs. Fiber optics have a number of benefits, including providing light and power. They’re also a rare component, making them valuable for anyone looking to build advanced devices.
Bonus – Easter eggs
Easter eggs are a fun part of games. They are usually references to other games or parts of pop culture. Some Easter eggs can be found easily, while others are more hidden.
Here’s one for you: The Pickman Gallery
The Pickman Gallery is a store that players can find, which is controlled by raiders. When players walk inside the store, they will notice odd paintings and mutilated raiders. Going further into the store will lead them to a man named Pickman who is surrounded by raiders– at this point, players can fight the raiders in order to rescue Pickman.
The gallery and character of Pickman is a reference to H.P. Lovecraft’s “Pickman’s Model” story. By rescuing Pickman, the player will earn unique knife that makes enemies bleed for extra damage upon impact.”