How to turn on dark mode on snap chat in android? Snapchat has a built-in dark mode, as does almost every other social networking app. Snapchat’s dark look helps save battery life while making it more straightforward to use at night. The dark theme, however, is not accessible to everyone, particularly those using Android devices. Snapchat’s dark mode may be activated on both Android and iOS devices by following the steps outlined in this article.
Snapchat on iOS is preconfigured to match your system color scheme, so you’ll never have to change it. Snapchat’s dark mode may be selected through the app’s settings menu, as illustrated in the screenshots below:
- On one’s iPhone or iPad, open Snapchat.
- To access your Bitmoji, go to the top-left corner and tap the Bitmoji icon.
- The Settings icon is located at the upper right of the screen.
- Take a look at App Appearance down there.
- Select Always Dark from the menu.
- Match System lets Snapchat automatically convert between bright and dark themes depending on the iOS appearance settings.
- Using a Smart Inverter is the second option.
You may also use iOS’ Smart Invert mode to darken the Snapchat UI in addition to the built-in feature. Intelligent inversion of colors is enabled by default, although photos and videos are exempt from this rule. Here’s how to activate it:
- Open the iPhone’s Settings app.
- Select Accessibility from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Text Size from the Display menu.
- Smart Invert is activated by pressing the toggle.
- This will cause Snapchat and other applications to display their screens in the opposite (negative) color mode. There will be no impact on photos, movies, and dark mode-enabled applications.
On Android, How Do You Enable Snapchat’s Dark Mode?
No built-in option exists on Android to make Snapchat seem dark. Android users may receive the dark UI by using workarounds. Continue reading for more information.
Method 1: Make Snapchat App Dark Mode
Even if an app doesn’t have a built-in dark mode, many Android phones allow you to force it. We discovered this capability on OnePlus, Oppo, Realme, and Vivo phones. Here’s how to use it to compel Snapchat’s Android app to utilize a dark look.
- Open the Android phone’s Settings.
- Navigate to Display & Brightness.
- Here, you may adjust the Dark Mode.
- Use the Dark Mode switch to make third-party applications disappear (beta).
- Snapchat’s toggle may be found and activated.
- When Snapchat asks whether you want to turn to dark mode, tap Yes.
Method 2: Invert colors
Like the iPhone, Android phones can be used at night to experience Snapchat in a dark theme by inverting the colors on the screen. If you’re using Snapchat in low light, switching the colors can help you see better. Invert Colors are usually available as a shortcut in the fast settings tile on Android devices. Tap the Edit function to discover whether it’s accessible.
- Your phone’s Settings menu may be found there.
- Accessibility may be found in the System Preferences menu.
- Color Inversion is the option. Toggle the switch to the on position.
- In addition, you may use the floating button or audio keys to bring up the color inversion toggle rapidly. Enable inversion whenever you’re playing Snapchat or any other app that doesn’t have a built-in dark mode, and you’ll be all set.
Images and movies will also be changed to their original hues, which is a drawback. Negatives will be shown instead of the actual color. We don’t recommend utilizing this approach to send or see snaps while you’re chatting on Snapchat inside the dark.